Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
What we are allowed to charge tenants under the Tenant Fees Act (Permitted Payments):
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
- Before the tenancy starts (payable to Kath Wells Property Rentals, ‘the Agent’)
- A Holding Deposit: capped at 1 week’s rent
- A Security Deposit: capped at five or six weeks’ rent, depending on the annual aggregate rent of the property
- During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment of up to £50 (including VAT) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent (calculated at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate from the date the rent falls due, until the date it is paid)
- Payment for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
- Other permitted payments
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
- Details of our redress scheme and our membership:
- The Property Ombudsman (Milford House, 43 – 55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP). We follow their strict Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents and are up to date with changes in legislation.
- Membership Number: T00433 (N Jones Properties Ltd trading as Kath Wells Property Rentals)
- Details of our client money protection scheme:
- Client money is protected under the Professional Liability section of our insurance with Markel International Insurance Company Limited
You can find out more details of the above on our website or by contacting the office directly (tel: 0113 231 1033)
What our clients are saying
Don’t take our word for it. We work hard to provide a positive experience. Take a look at testimonials from our some of our satisfied clients.
Kath Wells Estate Agents & Valuers
Kath Wells is a well established firm of estate agents in Leeds. Whether you're buying, selling, renting or letting our friendly and approachable team can handle every aspect of your property transaction from valuation and introduction to offer and completion.
Interested in renting a property in Leeds or Bradford?
Call us now on: 0113 231 1033 for professional, friendly advice.