If you want to add value to your home, and make it a better place to live upgrading your bathroom can bring surprising benefits. One of the most important rooms in a house, it's a place where you can relax and unwind after a hard day. As well as get ready before going out or calling it a night.
By increasing the value of your property, a revamped bathroom can help differentiate your property, if you decide to sell, and help you realise a better selling price. It can also help you build more equity in your property enabling you to re-mortgage or raise finance from the equity in your home.
To get the maximum increase in value, consider the following:
- If you have the room, install a second sink. They're invaluable for busy families and couples alike. If you install one, you'll wonder how you managed without it!
- Upgrade your shower. A brand-new shower will instantly make your bathroom appear cleaner, brighter and more inviting. Your shower can be electric, use a thermostatic mixer, be digital or a power shower. And there are a wide variety of shower options ranging from rain shower heads, wet rooms and shower columns. And tat's before you consider the screen, sliding doors or curtains available!
- Add storage. It's surprising how much storage you need in a bathroom. From hair products, skincare, hand wash, dental products, shaving kits, cleaning sprays, toilet roll, medicines, pampering essentials, towels and more. Choose from built-in or freestanding cabinets. Or, if you have awkward spaces get custom-made units or shelving.
- Update your colour scheme. Neutral schemes are best, especially if you are thinking about selling your home in the near future.
- Extend your bathroom. If you have the space, extending your bathroom can pay dividends. Just make sure you're not compromising the space in a bedroom or other important space in your home. If you can't extend, how about converting a box-room or cupboard into an additional bathroom?
- Don’t forget the plumbing! If you live in an older property, it's worth checking the plumbing to ensure it's in a good state of repair and meets current building regulations. An experienced plumber can advise you and can highlight any potential problems before you start.
If you need any advice about renovating a bathroom to add value to your home, contact us today.